Saturday 30 March 2013

Older Fashion Sketchbook

I work on sketchbooks all the time for all the different subject areas so in these following images there will be a past fashion sketchbook that I've produced. I had to make seams and pockets in any way that I liked so I made my own fabrics to work with out of various techniques including...



  • Knitting
  • Crochet
  • Making Handmade Paper
  • Felting
  • Heat Bond-able Fibres
I then produced fashion outcomes and chose earthy colours as a colour palette for this specific project. All the different techniques that I used produced various outcomes. 


Issey Miyake fashion artist reference.


Pocket and seam sketches and some basic pocket  stitching techniques. 


These are small examples of the fabrics that I made to work with. 


I decided on the target market of outerwear and knitwear.
Julia Ramsey knitwear artist reference.
Fashion illustrations using my samples and photocopies and stitching the model. 


Knitting samples and photocopied paper samples. Also, adding all different materials and fibres and stitching them together.
Colour converting some samples on the photocopier and adding them to a stitched model.
The history of knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment